Center of Professional Excellence (COPE)
At MasTec Network Solutions we believe that training is a key principle to success for both our employees and to our company as a whole.
When we welcome new employees, training is highly emphasized and implemented to ensure personal development, lifelong learning, and organizational learning of each individual. Expectations of employees are rising as never before, from workplace initiatives such as: new technology, participative management, employee involvement, team-based problem solving and quality customer service. As a result, the workplace is changing and so are the skills that employees must have to be able to cope, keep pace with competition, technology and change.
Maximizing Human Performance Methods
Through our Center Of Professional Excellence (COPE), located in Charlotte, NC, we commit to our organization's efforts to enhance productivity, increase competitiveness and foster continuous improvement. It is this specific and rigorous hands-on experience that prepares all of our employees for everyday life in the field while focusing on our highest standards for quality and safety for every project. By combining classroom, on-line, virtual and performance training tools, the staff at COPE maximizes human performance methods in four stages:
- Introduction & Awareness: Through experiencing initial job requirements. (Learned information is acquired in this stage.)
- Understanding & Knowledge: New employees take learned information place it in context, connecting concepts, causes, components, and consequences associated with the work environment.
- Skills: Employees integrate and apply their understanding and apply it to the skills they must demonstrate.
- Behavior, Attitude & Values: Employees undergo a change in behavior, attitude, and values as a result of the learning experience.
- First Aid/CPR
- Rf Awareness
- ComTrain Tower Rescue
- Fleet Defensive Driving
- PIM Testing
- Industrial Ergonomics
- Hands and Power Tool
- HazCom Training
- Heat Related Illnesses
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Bucket Truck Safety
- Forklift Training
- Bobcat Training
- Scissor Lift Training
- Safety Orientation
- OSHA 30
- OSHA 10
- Rigging Safety
- AC/DC Power
- Crane Safety
- DOT Training
- Crane Safety
- Rough Terrain Forklift
- Aerial Work Platform
- Electrical Safety
- Anritsu Line Sweep
What You Can Expect
As a new team member to MasTec Network Solutions here is what you can expect during your COPE experience:
- Standardized training across the enterprise through construction, project and administrative staff with documented portable skills.
- Increased knowledge which facilitates an understanding of how each of our service lines fit into the larger workforce and economic development picture.
- Stronger team, collaboration, networking and continuous quality improvement skills.
- Corporate commitment to craft training and a commitment to quality management, providing a critical competitive edge.
- Becoming a part of a professional, well-trained workforce. Increase contribution to overall client satisfaction, thereby increasing the potential for repeat business.
- Capability of identifying potential problems and making innovative, cost-reducing solutions.